should i keep them in their cage?

i just got my boys fixed and they are not to be running around,playing bla bla bla.. well their 16 months old..ive been trying to get them to just lay around and do nothing and well thats not working..and i really dont want to keep them in their cage for 10 days..what should i do??

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pets

• I usually just keep an eye on them and try to keep them from playing and running. I agree the cage thing is really hard.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• What are your boys?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• sorry my boys are my dogs they are about 8 lbs a piece..ive been telling them no every time they try to play but its so hard they are brothers and have been together their whole life pulse my cat is picking on them and trying to chase them..
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Boy,this is a tough one.It is very hard to keep an active dog quiet as you probably know.I really don't understand why the vet would say to keep them confined for 10 days.Neutering a male is not a difficult surgery unless the dog had a testicle that had not decended.We don't confine our boys after neutering.I do watch to make sure they aren't developing any problems like an infection or another of the dogs getting their nose where it doesn't belong,they are kept on the main level of our home,and not left to run free outside.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I had to go back up and see what category you put this in, I thought you where talking about toddlers,,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Take them out individually so they aren't roughhousing and keep them on a leash with you if that helps you keep them under control. Better to have some restraints on them for a week while they heal than have problems with the incision.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My 9 month old Border Collie/Lab was just fixed 2 weeks ago- He Hates a Crate! i only made him stay in it for one night b/c he was So Miserable- He was Happy to be out & actually took it pretty easy himself for a few days- i let him run in the yard on the 5th day & he has been fine- everything healed great:) i don't think it will hurt your Boys if you let them come out of their cage; they will probably calm right down! Wishing you lots of luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• "I had to go back up and see what category you put this in, I thought you where talking about toddlers,,,lol ": LMAO, i can just imagine the expression she had when she read "u just had them fixed and should u put them in a cage!!" LOLOLOL.
    Sorry must be be getting slap happy...well didn't your vet give u the collars that keep them fom licking? Thats what mine did. But like tikismom said just keep on eye on them make sure they don't get an infevtion
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• lol we got a good laugh tonight. thanks beyondhopes! i dont know on the dog issue. mine where fixed when i got them.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i worked at a kennel for over a year when we got the animals fixed they were up and playing in a day you just need to make sure there not liking at the wond it can cause infection and try and keep them out of the dirt dont let it get wet more infection can happen. if it dose start to get infected neosporne and liquid band aid works wonders if it get worse take them in
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2011