now he wants children

When my husband and I got married, we agreed long before and again whenhe engaged I dont want any more children, he agreed, now 16 months later my husband keeps asking me if I want to get pregnant again. NO!!!!! I dont, I think this is really unfair of him to ask, but I also feel like if he wants a child of his own maybe we should? What do you guys think?

NewMrsKay

Asked by NewMrsKay at 9:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• NO, he should respect that you don't want anymore children, and he apparently agreed to that when you were engaged and when you got married.
    Anonymous

• Thats tough. My SO wants to have children. I would prefer to be done, I have 2 and he has 1 and I think thats enough. His argument is, he wants a few that are ours, because he loves me and wants to create children together. I don't know, I do love him and I do love babies, but wow its starting all over! I know I wasn't helpful, good luck in your decision.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The way you worded your question, that makes me say GO FOR IT!  Have you another little one! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I really dont think that any of us can help you make that decision, honey, that is totally up to DH and you! GL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would say that you should consider it. Not definitely do it, but discuss it and make sure it is a definite no. It would be awful if you decide it was a mistake 20 years from now.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• you should stick to your guns. he agreed before u guys got married so he can't just change his mind about something of this magnitude. if it was about buying a certain car or painting the walls pink that would be different but; i would not change my mind if i was in this situation.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i think you two should sit down and talk about it first and tell him how u feel and see why he wants kids now..i understand u dont want anymore but i think it should be something you two should talk about it befor u just tell him no again..
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You have to both want it or you will regret each other
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• maybe talk about it again and maybe you could compromise. are you completely against another one or are you some what thinking about maybe entertaining the idea? Maybe you could try for a specified time and if it happens then it is meant to be but if not then you quit trying and be happy with what you have. That way he knows you at least were willing to consider it and you know he will respect your wishes if after you try that it did not happen.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 9:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You talked about it before you got married and were both on the same page. People do change their minds; it's not wrong of him to ask - but he needs to understand and respect your opinion. Talk to him. I'm sorry, that's a rough position to be in. I have friends that are going through this - she changed her mind, he is freaking out - he's to the point of not trusting her to take her pill. It's sad.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011