Banking With Chase

Is there a fee for not having a certain amount of money in checking account? How much to open an account? Is the switchkit something I can trust?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• They have free checking..Why don't you call them?
    Anonymous

• i don't have a checking account with Chase, I have a mortgage. I HATE them. If I could switch banks, I would.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I don't like Chase bank either. I had an account with them a few years ago. At that time, my house got broken into (during the night), and among other things my wallet got stolen. Not even 6 hrs later 2 of my other accounts called to give me a heads up on fraud alerts. I then called all of my accounts to put freezes on them, and let them know my wallet had been stolen. THREE MONTHS LATER Chase, despite numerous calls, emails and actual snail mail traffic, STILL had not closed my account. On top of that, whoever stole it had moved to a different state and used my card to charge random internet and phone bills. UGH! Finally, after I yelled at them on the phone, photocopied EVERYTHING including the police report, sent EVERYTHING (all over again) in one mail message to some manager, my account was closed and the money was refunded to me. WORST Card service ever!
    I'd recommend not using them, if possible for you.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 12:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I dislike Chase also.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 12:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I have had a checking account with Chase for many years, and I have never paid a fee. Go to a branch, and speak with a banker.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2011