"Pagan Hate" episode of What Would You Do?

I'm a HUGE fan of ABC News' What Would You Do show... And they have done shows about Muslims and Middle Eastern Americans but they have yet to do one about Pagans or Witches. I personally think it needs to be done. But they need a scenario to act out, what do you think it should be? I was thinking about a parent with a child who is being harassed over her "devil child" playing with the other kids - which I've dealt with... But there are 1000 options... I've been emailing John Quinones over this, but they need something they can play out and get reactions over... So lest brain storm!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Another one I was thinking about was harassment from a "teacher" to a teen, or a server to someone in a restaurant, or refusal of a job application because of a pentacle necklace or other religiously based jewelry...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I like that idea...a child being harrassed over the parents beliefs.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• im not sure what exactly u are saying.....that they should do a show saying that pagans arent evil or saying that they are...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Have you seen the show gothmama? It's about what people witnessing discrimination, hate or crimes react. Check THIS out to see one of the Muslim ones...  It wouldn't be about what pagans are, but how people react to them, and how accepted Paganism and Witchcraft really AREN'T!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You could go for the old classic, the innocent little kindergartner who very matter of factly informs a classmate they're going to burn in fire forever because they don't go to church like they're supposed to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No, that wouldn't really work. It has to be something public that the general public can react to.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Bible Belt lol. Showing how people are bashed so bad and have to hide their beliefs for their safety and the safety of their family.

Someone going out in public with a "Pagan pride" kind of T-shirt and being harassed.

Being harassed/cornered in a book store looking at Pagan books and told how they need to change their beliefs.

A child/teen being suspended for wearing a pentacle necklace or a Pagan shirt to school (obviously only if it's not a school that requires uniforms).

A child/teen being attacked (verbally or physically) by classmates for their differing beliefs.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• This is an excellent idea. I really like that show as well
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I like Mrs. Batts idea. I say have a hidden camera follow a person around in the Bible Belt that is openly Pagan. Just to show peoples honest reactions.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Store clerk is wearing a Pentacle necklace.
    Customer is harassing her for being a "Devil Worshiper" etc.
    Record the person/people in line behind the harasser.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2011