Do u believe in family curses

ok I was talking to a older church lady about the fact that 9o% of the kids in my family belong to teen moms..including my children..most of us had kids b/t 15-18..an she turns round an tells me that their is a such thing a family curses...an that I need to pray it off myself or my kids or my son an daughter will become the nxt generation to carry on the curse..I'm asking bcause I became a teen mom at 16..my son will be 16 this july an tho my dd is turning 14 nxt month..do u believe what she is sayin is true..she say the bible speaks of it..I'm lookin for it in the bible now..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i don't know about that.... but my mamma cursed me with another set of twins for all the trouble i gave her growing up :)
    p.s. my mom was a teen mom and my sister had her child in her 30's and i had mine at 23... et it go so you don't Will it to reality
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes, there are most definetly generational curses in families. I won't go into details,but my family suffers from a terrible generational curse, that I am working very hard to break with my generation. But, it's only through God's help and strength I'll be able to. I depend on Him completely,and trust in Him to do just that.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My grandma had my mom at 18, my mom had me at 18 and I always joked that I would be the one to break our "curse." And I did! I had my son at 20, lol. I don't believe in "curses" persay, I believe people are a product of their environment. If it is common for kids to have babies early, it is more likey to happen for future generations.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Ty..its called generational curse..an teen pregnancy isn't. The only thing that happ to my family but its one of my concerns at the moment..I didn't realize til recently how common it was in my family til my teen dd an my niece were talkin bout all my recently pregnant younger cousins
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes. I don't see a reason not to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Question: "What does the Bible say about breaking generational curses?"

Answer: The Bible mentions “generational curses” in several places (Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9). It sounds unfair for God to punish children for the sins of their fathers. However, this is looking at it from an earthly perspective. God knows that the effects of sin are passed down from one generation to the next. When a father has a sinful lifestyle, his children are likely to have the same sinful lifestyle as well. That is why it is not unjust for God to punish sin to the third or fourth generation – because they are committing the same sins their ancestors did. But they are being punished for their own sins, not the sins of their ancestors. The Bible specifically tells us that God does not hold children accountable for the sins of their parents (Deuteronomy 24:16).

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• There is a trend in the church today to try and blame every sin and problem on some sort of generational curse. This is not biblical. The cure for generational curses is salvation through Jesus Christ. When we become Christians, we are new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). How can a child of God still be under God’s curse (Romans 8:1)? The cure, then, for a “generational curse” is faith in Christ and a life consecrated to Him (Romans 12:1-2).
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I suggest that you pray and pray without ceasing over your family. Cover them with the blood of Jesus Christ. Encourage, share your stories with them so that they will not make the same mistake and learn the hard way. Try to go to church events with them where they will hear guidness in doing what is right. Purity conferences etc.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I believe in generational curses... and I tell my kids about it too!!! DONOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL BECAUSE YOU WILL GET CAUGHT!!! We are not the kind of people, like we see others, that can do anything and get away with it.... so I tell my kids to be honest, not to steal or cheat, and that if they do they will get caught... it is our luck!!! Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Generational curses are very real.... it means things that keep being repeated in a family line that is not necessarly a good thing.
    I also believe if you believe this enough it keeps going. Jesus already broke all curses at the Cross. It is receiving that revelation ourselves and then the curses stop manifesting itself. When you realise Jesus finished works of the Cross is real it breaks the yoke of the "curses" in the family line. There is life and death in the power of the tongue and if you keep saying this keeps happening .. it keeps happening but you can speak to that curse to die and it has to for it has no power over you.. The only power it has is the power you give it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011