How long did you have AM sickness?

Im 12 weeks and I have been sick for over half of it. How long did it last for you and was there anything that helped. Food doesnt even sound good to me its a struggle everyday to eat...did this happen to you too?

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 9:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• about 3-4 months... try gingerale, smoothies... congrats
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• With dd I puked for five months. With ds, I was just mildly queasy for 2 weeks. The only thing that helped was those preggie pop lozenge things... or the queasy drops. They have them at health food stores, some maternity shops, online, and sometimes babies r us. My pharmacist also said that she sipped on a bottle of Dr. Pepper all day. Just one bottle off and on all day. The high sugar content is what helps. They used to have a medication which helped pregnancy related nausea, but the main ingredient was just a form of sugar. If you look at the queasy drops even they have brown rice syrup as the main ingredient...so that's what works apparently. I think hard candy would work just as well as the pricey drops though, IMO. Good luck! It sucks, I remember. And congrats!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I had it for approx. nine months. Whenever I was a sleep. Sometimes it would wake me up. Nothing helped.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It's happened to me with all of my pregnancies.  I found that Sprite and salty crackers early in the morning would help me.  I hope you find something that works!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I never really threw up but a few times but orange juice was great and helped me alot and coco cuz its thick and coated my belly so i didnt feel so sick.....i stayed way for my first 4 months and the last 2 months i did too, but maybe it will work its worth a shot, but my friend stayed sick her whole pregnancy
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My MIL had it for 9 months with her first, 5 with her second, and 3 with her 3rd. My mother didn't have it at all. I had it for 5 months with my only...along with random ocassional nauseas after that 5 months.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 10:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• 18 weeks it lasted for me. As crazy as it sounds eating something sour made me feel better...like sour patch kids. No idea why.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Mine was around until I was 7 or so months along with both pregnancies. I lost 10 lbs at first. Then gained 26 after I got my appetite back. I just drank milk all the time..and crackers. Seemed to be the only thing I could hold down.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i had morning sickness from week 8 to 13..not too bad.. hope yours gets better
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 10:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I call it mourning sickness.. cause it ain't only in the morning.. UGH I still have it and hope it goes I get sick at everything.. They say it is meant to ease in the second trimester.. don't count on it if you have a girl.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 10:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011