Do you think they should change the rules so people like arnold swartzanager(No I don"T Know How To Spell His Last Name have at it spell checker police) can be president?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• NO. The FF made the requirements for a reason. They were pretty smart fellas so I think we should stick with the Constitution they gave us.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Hell no! There was talk of it when he first became gov of Cali but he did such a crappy job I don't think anyone is going to bring it back up, unless some other immigrant with that kind of draw shows up.

I'd rather have a natural born citizen in the WH.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I am with Friday-natural born.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No I don't. The requirement that one must be a naturally-born US citizen was written in the Constitution - I can't think of a valid reason to change it. (And I love Schwarzenegger!!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The "rule" is actually in the Constitution, so cannot be changed without an ammendment being passed. This was included at the time of the writing of the Constitution to prevent the British from getting one of their own in a position of power, feeling there would be mixed loyalties. I still think it's a good idea.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No, there is a reason why they state natural born. There is feeling that if they aren't natural born, they may have bias when dealing with the nation that they are originally from. It's similar to insider trading.

As for Arnold, which I think you were just using as an example...he did such a great job with California *sarcasm intended*.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• NOPE! If anything, I think this country needs to go back and study the Constitution again, we've really gone off track with its original intent--and in VERY short order!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No, I don't. There are times when the Constitution should be amended, but this isn't one of them. Natural-born citizens only for president.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No I don't. He gets to be governor as a naturalized citizen. We have 50 of them at all times. That leaves 307,006,500 people who don't get to rise that high in gov't as a natural born citizen. The highest office needs to stay as natural born citizen. We don't need people like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad coming to the US, talking the good talk, getting elected, and then turning us into something we never wanted.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Natural born citizen only.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2011