I hate it hate it hate it

i posted something about this before... nausea while breastfeeding. i start to feel sick around the time i know i am about to feed him. i make sure i have eaten and i am well hydrated so i do not know what else i can do? I love him... i was fearing it was so postpartum depression thing but No. And i dont want to stop breastfeeding. I love it. is there anyone else who has gone through this? I makes me irritable during feedings. i am mean towards my SO ... he catch a lot of the hostility because he wants to snuggle. it sucks. help?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 9:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Pump the milk if you can, that way maybe it's less nauseating and baby can still benefit.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 10:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I didn't have this problem. I only had the incredibly thirsty and hungry right before breastfeeding problem.

I was wondering though, is it possible that you are eating items that your baby didn't like while you were pregnant? Maybe your baby still doesn't like them, and your body is still in tune with that. I know it took about 4 months before I could eat a lot of meat again. Good luck. Wish I could be of more help.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 10:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• try gingerale! continue as long as you can because they grow so fast before you know it it'll be solid time
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It is a psycological reaction. I got that a few times too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Im sorry your going through this, i hope you feel better soon! I had fevers everytime i breastfed, so I sorta know what your going through, such a beautiful experience is interrupted by something so unwanted! Im sorry i dont have an answer for you. Perhaps ask your OBGYN? Perhaps try nibbling on a graham cracker while breastfeeding? I always liked them better then saltines, not so dry, and they work the same. Sipping some gingerale was a good suggestion, even try watching a funny tv show or good movie if you can to keep your mind off the nausea, i know you want to focus on your baby but it probably doesnt help matters trying to focus and heave at the same time, you could do some glances now and then and catch eye contact, or sing the baby a song. Maybe if your busy singing you wont be busy heaving? Im sorry, Good luck with this!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 10:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2011