My son has been on Singulair in the AM and Zyrtec in PM

I read the previous question about a 4yr old child being on Singulair and it raised some concerns. My son is 16 months old and has not had any weezing or other asthmatic symptoms as far as I can tell. (my bro suffered from severe asthma) Im just wondering if someone can explain what they meant when they said their child had behavioral changes and appetite loss while on Singulair. My son has always had a picky appetite since he started eating table food but his temper seems to be very short since starting Singulair a month ago.

aidengrant07

Asked by aidengrant07 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My son is on both of those medicines but only we take them on the reverse schedule. We do it becasue he has asthm and allergies make his asthma symtoms flair up. We started with this routine when he was much younger than your son and we are still doing it at age 2. The alternative, and we did experiement with it, is that he is always congested, labored breathing, sinus infections, ear infections...ect. So preventive is better than him getting the other gunk.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my son who is 3 is on singulair to help prevent asthma and resp. infections. He has never had any signs of not eating so I have no clue about that.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 2:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2008