breast pump

what do you think is a good one for daily use?

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I used the Ameda and it was good
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It will 100% depend on you. I tried three types, the manual medella breast pump, the electric single breast pump (I think I had aventi, but I don't remember for sure now), and a medella double breast pump.
    The Medella manual was HORRID for me. I couldn't get it to suction, it was painful, difficult to try to fit it, and just plain cumbersome for me. HOWEVER, I have a very good friend who swears by the manual pump and who won't use anything else.
    The single breast pump worked okay for about 3 months, but it took forever for me to get enough pumped that way.
    Finally I got a double pump. That was the best for me. The only problem was I had to figure out how to hold both pumps in place at once. I didn't have one of those pump bras, so I had to develop a method. Even with this problem though, the double was by far the best method for me.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 10:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I used the Medela pump in style. It is a double electric pump with and adjustable suction control.

I went back to work at 10 weeks and I don't think I would have nursed as long as I did without it.

BUT, with any pump, after your regulate out, you will be lucky to get 1 oz from both breasts at each pump. Pumps are just not as effecient as a baby at getting the milk out.

I looked into several different pumps and went with the Medela since they specialize in nursing unlike other companies who are just out to flood the market to make money (playtex).
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i use a medela in style pump! i exclusively pump so i pump 8-10 times a day and my pump has been great! ive had it for 6 months now and its amazing!! ive used an avent and laniosh (sp) pump and both have lost suction within 3 months! i would go ahead and spend the money and buy the better pump! also see if u can rent one from the hospital if u want! also if u want u can check craigslist and see if there is a used one u can buy and just replace the horns and bottles and tubing! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• One other thing. While the Medela cost quite a bit of money, if you look around, you can find they for pretty reasonable. I got mine on ebay new in box for $75.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Medela Pump n Style
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011