Splitting and chipping nails

They get out to a certain length and start splitting and chipping. I try to keep them painted and it doesn't seem to help. When they start, then I start biting them til I have no more nials. Anyone know how to stop the splitting and chipping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I heard that if you took a clove of garlic and cut it up in small strips and then put it in a bottle of clear nail polish, let it sit 24 hours and then coat the bare nail, it would help strenghten it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Good question.
    free1

Answer by free1 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• mine are the same way. I usually end up chewing them down to nubs because they peel and split. Good luck!
    BlissAglow

Answer by BlissAglow at 2:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Check out:
    New website up! www.dawngallagher.com. Nature's Beauty Secrets
    Dawn Gallagher is the author of Nature's Beauty Secrets and Naturally Beautiful Earth’s Secrets and Recipes for Skin, Body, and Spirit. As a fashion model and television host, Dawn graced the cover of more than three hundred magazines, including Vogue, Har...
    She can probably offer suggestions.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2011