How do I ignore my husband's ex

I met my husband almost 5 years after he and the mother of his daughter had gone sarate ways.This woman was pregant when they separated and she never told him untill 1 year after the child was born.Now my problem is this child child started living with us just when we got married,I really don't have a problem with this but I have a problem with the way she call my husband's cellphone all in the name of wanting to speak to her daughter. This woman calls everyday more than twice a day and they chat with my husband. She always takes her daughter on every school holiday and comes to visit as she leaves in a different town from us. I hate they way they spend time talking on phone and I hate that I pay for this child meical bills and buy clothes and the only thing she does is make calls and only want things for her child. Iam very jelous about they way they meet all in the name of the child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• You can't ignore his ex, she is a part of his life and there is no way of getting around that. What you shouldn't ignore is how he reacts to his ex. When she calls to talk to the child than he should hand the phone to the child, when she is done talking to her daughter the phone should be hung up. Of course the exception would be if there was a particular concern regarding the child that your DH would have to speak to his ex about - but there is no reason for him to have long conversation with her every time she calls. He is allowing her to behave this way and he should know how its making you feel. There is also no reason for them to be spending time together unless its a function involving their child (my ex comes with me to school activities for our two children). He is the one disrespecting the marriage, and allowing his ex to disrepesct your marriage. He is the one you should be talking to.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He had a child with her, they are going to interact. He is responsible for helping to raise his child - and kids are expensive. It sounds like she speaks with her daughter quite a bit, but I don't understand how that's impacting you? You need to realize that this child (and her mother to an extent) are going to be in your life as long as you are with your DH. You really shou;d find a way to cope with your emotions, talk to your DH about setting appropriate boundaries with his ex.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It sounds like you have more of a problem with your husbands relationship with he ex than the ex herself.

You sound insecure. do you feel that they are hooking up?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The child always comes first. The ex and your husband will always be a part of each others lives. If you can't deal with that then you need to think long and hard about what you want to do.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yeah, sounds like you have more of a problem with your husband then the ex. Or you should anyway. If you have issues with how HE is acting you need to talk to him. If he isn't telling his ex not to call or spend time with him, that isn't her fault, he is letting her do it!
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your comments,I really needed to hear this from people that don't know us. Yes am a insecure and to be honest my husband has never given me reason,I really just don't know why I feel the way I do. I have a very good a well paying Job,I have 2 beautiful children with this man,but I don't know why am insecure. Please help me stop this madness beCause this is what it is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011