Does anyone else not have health insurance for their children?

My husband is getting health insurance through his work next month but for now we are uninsured and it is horrible...we have ALL been sick...everyone except our 21 month old has fought it off and is fine now and I cant afford to bring her to the doctor :( What should I do?

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 11:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• You should probably take her to the drs. and pay it off over time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• they want the money right there and then :(
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We went without for 3 months when DH switched jobs. If you had to go without for a long time, I was going to suggest CHIP or medicaid but I don't know if just one month would be worth the effort. We did tell our pediatrician what was going on though, and she said if DD got REALLY sick, she would see for a very discounted rate.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 11:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• ugh yeah it is only for a month just to apply for the medicaid would be 30-45 days for a decision :(
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Does you county health department have a free care clinic? If so, take the child there or to another free/sliding scale health clinic.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• no it is not free and that cost 35 dollars to be seen
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• take her in... see if you can borrow money or if they can bill you. we have over $600's worth of er bills for my 3 year old that we cant afford to pay, but he got seen because he was coughing so much he would vomit. Your child's health needs to be first, it might end up being more serious and more expnesive to wait than just take her in now.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

dreamangel06