Husband and I disagree whether to find out baby's sex at ultrasound!

We have our 21 week ultrasound coming up soon, and my husband just announced that he wants to find out the sex of our baby (mostly so he can "prepare" his jealous/jilted 13 year old daughter). We didnt find out with our first, and I want it to be a surprise again! I feel like since it's my body, I should get Veto power. Is that selfish?

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 11:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe he can find out and you can not? I know some people who have done that. It wouldn't work for my husband and I, we would end up telling the other, lol. But maybe it would work for you?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• if he wants to know then it's his right as a father. you don't have to know if you don't want to
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I agree with the first few posters. Maybe they can tell him and not you, if he can keep it to himself. It would drive me nuts not knowing lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Use that veto
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 11:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Is it worth fighting over? Maybe the tech can simply tell HIM the sex and keep it a secret from YOU?
    Anonymous

• I don't know about the "veto power" but I do feel that it's a materialistic "reason" for him~ I don't support that.
    I don't do ultrasounds because I prefer to avoid unnecessary interventions. If it is really important to you, you might opt out of this and then you win no matter what.
    ;-P
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Have them just tell him if he wants to know let him find out. He does not have to tell you..... No matter what the reason let him find out.
    Chole06302010

Answer by Chole06302010 at 1:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• We agreed tonight to have the tech put it in an envelope, and if he does some soul- searching and truly feels like he has to know, he can open it at a later date. I told him that regardless, I do not want to know. And if he does open that envelope, he is not allowed to tell anyone else (family included).
    vixenmama

Comment by vixenmama (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2011