Any tips on potty training a boy when your a single mom?

He will sit on the regular potty but he only wants to when he has to poop and thats only sometimes he doesnt understand to stand and pee..

brinanaj

Asked by brinanaj at 1:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get cheerios or froot loops and put them in the toilet or a bowl of them on the toilet so when he goes potty he can toss them in the water to aim at them. Give him something to focus on and just be insistent that he stand when he has to go pee pee. It's not easy I'm a single mom potty training my son right now as well. One thing I do is if possible let him go into the bathroom with grandpa or uncle etc etc or have them take him in so they can show him what to do.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I would try sitting to pee but make sure he points his thing in the toilet, kids are much more comfortable doing that you can transition to standing later. Also try having him sit backwards and am at a cheerio etc. if he doesnt like standing to aim at the cheerio :-)
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I don't have a son, but I did potty train my daughters. I just made a big deal out of pee-peeing when they seen how excited I was, peed in the potty. After they peed, I clapped, jumped up and down, then cheered on how good it was that they used the potty. After that, they used to potty with no hesitations.

I hope that helps! Good luck!
    my_jasnkiki

Answer by my_jasnkiki at 2:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Does he have to stand and pee?
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 5:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008