• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone regret their career? Do you wish you pursued a career in a different field?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 11:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• No I was always happy being an EDUCATOR with students.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Definitely not. I am a sahm and I CHOSE to be one :-). One of the happiest days of my life was when I told my former employer I was resigning to beat home with my kids.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I spent 12 years in the navy and my one regret was that I did not go to a c school and get more advanced training that I can carry with me in the civilian world. As it stands, if I wasn't a contractor working in a BEQ, the most I could be is a CNA or a MA. I know a lot more than that.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yep, dropped out of college to pursue a job that had no room for advancement and made me very little money. I was pushed into it by a family member who thought it would help us bond. 10 years later, I decided I hated the person I turned into and was tired of just barely scraping by. So, I quit and enrolled in school to finish what I had originally started. Hubby has even volunteered to work extra until I'm done. Woo hoo!
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 11:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I love my career but at the same time working with the public can be very trying! I'm a pharmacy tech. and some customers can be VERY difficult!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• *be at home* lol not beat home.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm a Nursing Assistant i wish i had a different career cause i can't stand working with the old folks anymore.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I didnt go to college to get the career I have but no complaints; it's a secure job and I'm happy to have one at all in these tough times
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2011