WWYD?

If you had a laptop that was several years old and the battery was totally fried, there were several cracks in it, the little plastic pieces on the vent were breaking off and getting trapped in your laptop and beating against the fan, keys were starting to come loose, the laptop was getting slower and slower (even after reformatting and the like), etc., would you invest in a new laptop or just spring for the $100+ new battery?

A few people keep telling me that my laptop is still perfectly fine and I just need a new battery, but I think it's time for a new one.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Technology

• I think its time for a new one.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Time for a new one!! We end up getting a new computer every 3 years or so anyway, and they aren't "falling apart" like yours sounds like it is. Some of those things really don't sound good, like the pieces breaking off and falling into the laptop!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Mrs.Bat, time to buy yourself a present :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Greedy?!?! That is crazy, lol, you are not being greedy! Especially if you are taking online classes!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Time to go shopping!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• go shopping lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• new one
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• i would so buy a new one, they not made to last forever, i would think it would cost more to get a new battery and fix everything work with yours They are getting cheaper in price
    higgins823

Answer by higgins823 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I know! It just keeps getting worse lol. DH is a really techy person and he has only recently started to agree that I need a new one. HE keeps talking about needing a new one (his is a year older than mine, and still way faster because it was a more powerful laptop to begin with, I guess, and he's lost a stick of RAM from Dr. Pepper spilling in his!), but the only problem he has with his (besides needing more RAM now, which if I get a new laptop, he can take mine he said) is that his power cord is messed up. I'm in college full time with online classes as well as on campus, so I really have to have a computer at all times. His can wait a few more months, IMO lol. I even offered to pay for his new cord.

He's the only one that even kind of agrees that I need a new one, though. Everyone else says that I'm being greedy by wanting a new one.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It depends on how well the computer is working

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2011