Dollar store test

if i'm only 4 weeks pregnant my LMP was oct 8th could a dollar store test show me a positive yet or should i wait a while longer and if i should wait how long my period was due on the 6th but instead i had spotting for only 2 days also i have been nauseous and puking for over 2 weeks now and peeing alot plus i started getting headaches on and off for a week now so i dunno and i have no health insurants please give me any advice. I TOOK A DOLLAR STORE TEST BUT IT WAS NEGITIVE COULD IT STILL BE TO SOON FOR ME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• girl..i have no idea...bcuz that is the exact same thing that is happening to me....but its prob that it to early to tell....that wat mi dr told me.
    Anonymous

• it's not that it's a dollar store test its that it could be too early period to tell if you are pregnant. When you get pregnant it can take up to two or three weeks for your HGC levels to show that you are pregnant. The only way to tell right away is by using a rather expensive test or through blood work. But even then it can take two to three weeks.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Even an HPT test from a dollar store works Exactly the same way the $20 dollar test works. It looks for the hormone thats present ONLY when you are preggo. You could be testing too soon. Wait another week and do the test FIRST thing in the morning when you wake up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• If you have enough HCG in your system to make you that sick, you probably have enough to get a positive on PG test. Take the test!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I took a dollar store test and it was neg. i then bought a 2 first response and a walmart brand and they were pos. i dont trust the dollar store one.
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Uh, no, my last period was October 5th and my test came up positive Oct. 30th and I only tested b/c I spotted some pink stuff a few days before that.
    Anonymous

• The dollar store tests are identical to the $$$ ones... If you are getting a wrong answer it's not the test, it's just to early for you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2009