When was the last time either you or your SO acted like a butt??

Mine acted like a butt earlier tonight. We've been discussing our son getting his hair cut and I finally set up the appointment for tomorrow. When DH came home I told him I was taking him and he didn't say yes, no or maybe to it. He mentions that the truck is acting up and may need transmission fluid. Apparently he noticed the problem yesterday or the day before that and didn't stop and get some. Anyway,,,he was told about the hair cut, mentions the transmission fluid, and proceeds to go out with buddy. Then DH comes home and sees that the clothes are ready for tomorrow (8:30am appt) and gets upset. He now feels that he wants to go first thing in the morning and have the fluids checks. He'll try and be home in time. Or he'll just take him to get it cut.Yeah right, it won't get done if I keep waiting on him. The barber shop is about half an hour away, he'll try and be back in time. How is that being considerate?? He had this afternoon to take the truck and get it checked since he was off by 4pm and they didn't close until after 8pm.

Just being a BUTT!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry he's being a butt but many men only know how to be butts!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• For some reason men think they can get everything done lickity split. They don't think ahead and think maybe they may need to keep the truck a couple of hours. Son can get haircut anytime, whats the big deal, his thinking. I've learned to say “whatever" alot, lol helps to get me through their “butt" moments.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Mine acts like a butt all the time. He was a big anus yesterday morning when he came home from nights and found the house not to his standards of perfection. I was battling a fever of 101, my daughters were sick and I just didn't feel like cleaning up. He was snowed in from the day before, but he did not need to be a dick about it. I'm not perfect every day. I can't live in the 50's where I should be scrubbing floors after shoveling feet of snow, then have a hot breakfast waiting for him when he comes home. He really was being a turd. If he gets sick, he is a baby and must be catered to. If I am sick, the house must be cleaned. Grrrrr
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Mine was tonight too. We just found out a man in our area was arrested for child pornography on his computer, and I proceeded to tell him I looked in the phone book and the guy lives in our development. I was saying how bad it was gettign, maybe time to move, and it's so hard on ypung parents now of days havign tomworry about their youngs kids any more. Then I mentioned not that irt wasn't bad yrs ago, just more hush hush, and he slams on the brakes baking into the driveway, dog goes flying and scarews the shit out of me, and just plain pissed ne off. Now we had a chld assaulted and it's a sore subject but for crying out loud, lighten up when I'm talking abt
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• sorry hit enter and not done and didn't spell ck. as I was saying : when I'm talking about our DEVELOPMENT. He made me so mad I didn't talk to him the rest of the night. I gave him a cold good night kiss though !!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• wow , I wish my marriage problems were as simple as this
    JacesMommy04

Answer by JacesMommy04 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• disagreements do happen. A cold kiss is still a kiss. What we see as important some times our men see different things of importance, ya know? Together we are better than us alone, but there a days.....lol.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• mine was a butt this afternoon and it was really stupid too, hopefully he is in a better mood when he gets home from work.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I was a butt last night. But let me tell you why.

I have been experiencing idiopathic facial pain since Wednesday. It's excruciating at times and I have to watch what I use for pain management since I'm 31 weeks pregnant. So I haven't done a whole lot between being snowed under, bed rest due to the pregnancy and this pain. I came out of the bedroom and sat down on the couch. Husband said "So, you're still dying ever so slowly?" I was irritated by that, I'm not dying and I haven't been acting like I'm dying, but I am hurting a lot so I snapped "I'm not dying! My face hurts!"

This is the extent of what "being a butt" is, for either me or my husband.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My husband and I don't get upset at petty issues such as the one you describe OP. It's sounds as if there are much bigger issues in your relationship that need to be addressed, but instead you'll focus on "the haircut" as the reason for your anger.

However, in keeping with the haircut theme, why does getting one have to be such a big production--make an appointment, have a car, time getting there and back, cost, etc.?! I have two boys, and when my older one was a baby, I bought a great set of clippers, trimmers and scissors at a beauty supply store for around $100, and have been cutting their hair MYSELF (including my husband's) for the past 8 years! I don't have any cosmetology training, and it's not hard to do--they're boys--it'll grow back in a week or two! I can give them all kinds of professional looking cuts in the convenience of my own home, whenever it's necessary--problem solved! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2011