after sex

so me and the bf did the deed last night and something that has not happened before did. after words i went to the bathroom and i was bleeding when i wiped. im 19 weeks pregnant and it isnt doing it anymore this morning but i was just wondering what could be the cause of this. it has never happened before.

emily..ann

Asked by emily..ann at 2:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• He may have knicked your cervix a tad its normal to spot a tiny bit after DTD especially when pregnant :-)
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• That happened to me when I was around 12 weeks. Was the blood bright red, or was it brown, like old period blood? If it was bright red, you should call your doctor just to inform them of what happened. If it was brown, it was probably just some old blood that got knocked off of your cervix. Old blood is normal, red blood is not =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Red blood is fine if he hit your cervix during the act. No worries...like spotting here and there throughout your pregnancy can be considered normal (especially after invasive procedures such as a pap smear or having sex) but its the bright red CONTINUOUS bleeding that is not normal and you want to watch out for.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• as long as it stopped youll be fine
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I bled every time after sex. I had a sensitive cervix and any sort of movement would cause bleeding.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2008