Did you have warning signs in the days leading up to labour?

In the days leading up to labour and delivery, did you have warning signs such as throwing up, the poops, pets acting funny, cleaning, or just feeling strange? Things besides your water breaking or losing your plug?

Sonnyswife

Asked by Sonnyswife at 12:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• nope. not a one
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• nope me either
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I just felt like something wasn't right, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Just a weird feeling. My sister said the same thing too.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 12:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• no, I was induced 3 weeks early due to complications
    Cattybird4

Answer by Cattybird4 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I had lots of what I thought were Braxton Hicks and was really sore "down there."
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Nope! I had a 2 week "notice" though-- at the usual checkup my doc said that I was already dilating and was 1+ effaced, so she predicted I'd be delivering in 2 weeks. She was exactly right. It was a good thing I listened to her so that I could get things squared away at work-- I delivered 3 weeks early.

The only "warning" sign was that my water broke while I was asleep. I never went into active labor though-- I had to be induced 15 hours later. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have gone to the hospital right away. They wouldnt' let me eat in anticipation of going into labor, so I only had the few spoonfuls of ice cream for 23 hours until I delivered, then the only thing available was pudding.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I had no signs of labor whatsoever. I was induced at 39w 3d and didn't feel any labor signs until then. My Son was mighty content in His Momma-house! lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Not with my 1st child but I was induced so who knows what would have happened. With my 2nd child I can't explain what happened exactly. It was hours before I went into labor I had a funny feeling and then it turned into a HUGE anxiety attack. It was mid April and we were in a restaurant when suddenly I told dh that I felt weird. I felt very hot and I couldn't explain why I felt weird. I told dh that I thought something terrible was about to happen and I started sobbing because I didn't know what was wrong with me. To dh I'm sure he thought it was a mood swing. About an hour later I was having contractions at 5 mins apart that I dismissed because I had been having Braxton Hicks for the last 5 months or so. Then right before my contractions hit 1 min apart I had to run to the bathroom and I had diarrhea. It's been 3 years and to this day I cannot step foot into that restaurant, much less look at it. It triggers the anxiety.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• None. All I can think of is grandma used to ask pregnant ladies to put their hand right under their breasts, and if the whole hand fitted flat against the ribcage between the breasts and the belly, she┬┤d say it was almost time because the baby was already "down" in position.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 1:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i felt uncomfortable in the middle of the night but i thought it was normal, u kno back alittle achy; cramping alittle. the next morning i was still feeling uncomfortable but i also had this feeling like if i went to the bathroom (to do #2) then it would solve all my problems. so i went, did it & i was right i did feel better...until i looked in the toilet & saw that i had my "bloody show" (sorry 4 the image). Thats when i went into the hospital.
    kool-aidbabe

Answer by kool-aidbabe at 3:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2011