My son is almost three. Is it normal if I still won't leave him with anyone?

You know how when your baby is a newborn you don't leave them with ANYONE. Most people seem to get over that sooner or later. My son will be three in May and I still can barely leave him with Grandma. Preschool? Forget it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In today's world...yes it is normal!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Normal...sure to feel that way but not healthy.

He needs to learn how to interact with other people.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yes.....eventually he will go to school and not letting him explore the world without you attached to his hip will only make it harder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• What age are they supposed to start preschool? Wll head start even take him if I am home all day?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• ask head start and three is a good age for pre school
    Cattybird4

Answer by Cattybird4 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i guess some moms cling more than others. honestly my daughter does sleep overs with my sister or mother in law. the mil maybe once a month cause she lives 45 min away, my sis lives one street over. when my daughter was a newborn and my husband was working graveyard shift my sister would take her every morning so he and i could sleep. she's 6 months old btw. i still have the majority of the time with her but i'm ok with her sleeping over my sisters once a week
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• headstart will take them. And pre-k is not a necessity if you can teach him what he needs to know. However, he needs the socialization so pre-k is a good idea.

My DD is 3.5 and in pre-k.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Does he have to be potty trained to get into head start? I pushed him to hard on that and now he is regressing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You're not alone. I've never spent more than 5 hours away from my Son and He is 3 1/2. The times I have been away from Him was only with Family both my Husband and I trust.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My DH finds every reason in the book not to allow someone to watch the kids. At first they were too young. Then it was that they were too attached to me and wouldn't stay with anyone without crying. Now the excuse is that there is a work schedule conflict. The 2 times he finally gave in he expected my mother to watch them. She's like almost an hour away from us in one direction. Then where she lives, you're talking at least another 30minutes to a restaurant. He won't ask her, he only wants me to. And of course it's a last minute decision to do anything. Out of respect I can't expect her to be asked the same day to watch them. You never know what someone has planned.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2011