Do you have your infant on a schedule ?

My son just turned one and I dont really have him on a schedule and I was wondering if im supposed to have him on one such as same time to go to bed every night, same time wake up, same time nap and same time feedings? He varies differently everyday. Keep in mind he still does not sleep through the night... he has twice since he has been born but usually wakes up crying two-three times a night either to put his pacifier back in or make him a bottle. So if you do have your children on a schedule please let me know tips on how to get my son on one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• keep trying to do things at the same time of the day,They need the structure
    Cattybird4

Answer by Cattybird4 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i agree
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My kids and the baby I take care of were all on schedules at one year old ..................they have breakfast when they get up, small mid morning snack or drink, lunch at 11:30 or 12, nap after lunch, small mid afternoon snack or drink, dinner at 5:30 or 6, bath after dinner, and bedtime at 7 or 7:30. This is the routine whether they sleep through the night or not.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yes all of mine have been on the same schedule. Once he is on one, don't be surprised if he starts sleeping through the night. Most kids crave structure and give it, they are more than willing to follow it. We wake up at the same time (I wake them up if they aren't awake within a 1/2 hour of their normal time), nap at the same time, errands at the same time, eat at the same time, I even try to schedule all of my appts around the same time.

Answer by missanc at 12:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i just posted on another question about routines and really all i can say is that i try but each day is different as they change so much and you never know whats got their diapers in a bunch lol
    just do as you feel that's the way i go about it
    if cranky i soothe, if tired he sleeps, if hungry.....
    :0)
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011