when should you have the baby shower

every one is telling me im woring to much but i feel the baby shower is to long away my due date is may 30th

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can have the shower anytime, even after the baby is born. Make sure to ask for a ton of diapers and gift cards!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Take it easy! After is sometimes better!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• we dont have anything for the baby do to my family and friends telling me i wil get it at the baby shower
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I would say as long as the shower isn't scheduled for the last few weeks of your pregnancy (when you'll feel your worst,) it's probably fine no matter what.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• 2 baby showers I have been to lately were done just before the moms were 8 months pregnant.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Traditionally, about a month before your due date. With my last pregnancy, I ended up taking my son to it, he was born 6 weeks early. It was nice the way it worked out - everyone got a chance to welcome the new baby in person. No reason to stress out, everything will work out as it should. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• USually a month or so before you are due. After you know what it is. If you are waiting to find out, then have a gender neutral party, or just wait til the baby is here and have one afterward!!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 2:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Mine were about 6-8 weeks before the due date. Instead of buying stuff now, just start sticking money aside in an envelope. Then when you have your shower, whatever's leftover that you need, you'll have the money for.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• When my mom was prego with me her baby shower was 2 1/2 weeks before I was due. She gave birth to me 11 days before the shower, thank goodness since I was supose to be a boy...lol
    Ebuttens

Answer by Ebuttens at 9:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011