Head start..............

I am considering signing my son up for preschool. Head start is free for low income families right? How old does he have to be? How do I sign up? Does he have to be potty trained? He is getting there but he still needs to be changed from time to time. Will his teacher help him use the potty and change him if has an accident?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At the head start my daughter attended they DID help potty train and they DID change them if they needed to be changed. The children were horrid though, they (the children) were abusive to my daughter physically and verbally. They teachers were overwhelmed because when you have a bunch of "low income" children you typically get parents that don't care, not always though. I would check it out very carefully though before putting your child in. My oldest daughter went Head Start in GA and it was awesome, the Head Start my middle daughter attended in TX was the bad one. I will not put another one of my kids in Head Start again. Like with most things, just because it is tax payer funded doesn't mean it is good, chances are it sucks!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• go down to the school district theyll be able to help get you to the office and or get you the papers to sing up
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Typically 3 years to start YES fully potty trained NO the teacher will not help him go potty (due to liability) they will have him change himself again due to liability

MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 4:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• wow really above reply? good info thanks
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Head Start is free for low income families, or families who have a high functioning developmentally delayed child.

Answer by missanc at 9:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2011