For those of you who are avid runners...

do you wear your running shoes as general shoes or do you have separate "tennis shoes" or whatever for when you are not running?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I keep separate shoes just for running. Sometimes I retire my old running shoes to everyday status, but I have other shoes for every day. My running shoes are expensive, so I don't want to wear them out by wearing them everywhere, or wear them differently than how I run.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My running shoes were over $100 so I only wear them for running. I am not going to risk possibly altering how they fit on my feet while running by wearing for daily wear. I have 2 pr of running shoes..one of those are over a year old, so I will wear them around the house or to pick up dd from school as I don't usually run in them anymore. I have walking shoes and regular ole' shoes that I bought at Walmart for $5 ( the really low tennis shoes).
    I run in my Brooks Ghosts as they were fitted to my feet.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I only wear running shoes for running. I never wear running or tennis shoes otherwise. I wear high heels most of the time.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Different shoes for different purposes. You would never wear tap shoes for jazz ballet would you? Or high heels for gardening would you? The shoes are specially designed for impact on certain surfaces and using different parts of the foot.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011