Do you tan?

Im thinking of starting...

wifecombs

Asked by wifecombs at 1:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Used to, but I'm in my 30's, now, and not interested in wrinkles.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• oh good lord no....look at someone who is in their 40's or 50's that has tanned...they have skin of an old leather wallet...it ages you SO much faster and not to mention the HUGE increase of skin cancer...it's so much healthier not to...and by the way, NO I don't :) Im so damn white...I break out in a rash from being outside too long. lol!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Nope. I am so white, I reflect. I would rather be without pigment than have leathery skin, and I really don't want cancer. Besides, so many of the people that tan wind up looking kinda orange and unnatural.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 2:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No because I don't want the cancer or wrinkles. Aside from that I think natural skin color is very beautiful. Years ago if you weren't tanned it meant you were of the high class because you weren't outside doing labor all day. Plus when ppl tan a lot I can smell an odor coming from them. I suppose it's the smell of skin being burned.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm already dark so I don't tan. If anything, I burn on the top of my head so that's bad enough for me. -Shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 2:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I used too but haven't in along time. I'm pretty white. :)
    BlissAglow

Answer by BlissAglow at 2:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Don't start! One day you may/will regret it....

I live in So Cal and being tan was so popular so I started tanning in my teens and stopped in my early 30's because of fear of all the negatives. Now I am almost 40 and although I don't really have any wrinkles yet, the sun spots are there. I haven't tanned in almost 7 yrs. and my kids call me see threw but I'd rather have pale skin than leathery skin, not very attractive at all.

If you want the look of a tan try spray tanning. It looks nice and you only have to go once a week to keep it up. It doesn't smell like the self tanners you apply at home.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 5:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• es i do always have. bein from fla. beaches and tanning is a must do. lol
    XBrendiX

Answer by XBrendiX at 5:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• im naturally tan all year round so -no. but i have when i was younger to be a little darker. I would advise u against if its going to be an all the time thing.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Not deliberately, but I tan very easily when I'm exposed to sunshine.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2011