Do you ever get control over your TV set?

I'm running around the house cleaning, reorganizing, and I'll have the TV on with my music plugged in so I have something in the background. Or I'll have a TV show that caught my attention for background noise...then if I'm not careful...I'll hear cartoons come on. If I change the channel back...I'll hear the channel change with video games...which would be hubby's kick.

So cartoons or video games. If I'm lucky, I'll convince hubby that it's HIS TV idea to watch Chuck or Bones...so I can get some TV viewing on, but I barely get control over the TV set at home. Can't wait to get a 2nd TV so I can sneak off and relax to something of my choosing.

Do you get control over your TV set?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 2:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have 3 TVs in the house. One is primarily for the game systems. One is the big HD TV that the family watches TV and movies on. And then the one in our bedroom that is used primarily by me during the day as I keep my laptop set up in the bedroom on the computer desk.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My children had their own TV for cartoons in their play room and they always knew that our TV was off limits. My husband and I have similiar interests in TV shows so at night we have always watched the same program. The only time I lose control of the main TV is when sportgs are on but we have a few other TVs so I can always go watch TV in another room when that happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yes, my son has one in his room for cartoons and I get it after they go to bed and before hubby gets home from work.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2011