Emergency room time?

my daughter developed a cold last night. she's congested & her nose is runny. now she's complaining of body aches, tummy ache, & her fever hit a high of 103. it went down a little to 101, but i'm still worried. she's asleep now, but i worry if i should have taken her in. i drssed her lightly & gave motrin for her fever, but i didn't give her any cold meds because i don't have any & i don't drive so I can't get to a store. she already had her flu shot & just recovered from pneumonia a few weeks ago. should i bring her in or am i just worrying for nothing?

rAbella

Asked by rAbella at 2:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• if her fever came down i wouldnt take her, IF it stayed high and you gave her meds and it still stayed high id take her in.

OR if shes completely NOT her self, eating sleeping playing (somewhat) etc and her fever is LOW id take her

my dds pedi told me hed worry more about a child that has a lower fever and definitely not being themselves than a child with 103 and totally normal.

She didnt get the flu shot while she had pneumonia right? if she did, that would make it easier for her to get sick since her immune system is already lower than usual.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I agree w/ the pp if the fever came down she is not er sick
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 4:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• my son(3 yrs) has a cold, and his is just like that. we took him to an urgent care and the doc said just alternte tylonal and motrin. NO COLD MEDS at all because it will make their nervus system hyperactive. But if she's having trouble breathing in her sleep or if her breathing sounds loud in her sleep take her in asap, she might need a breathing treatment.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2011