• In the Spotlight:

what causes nausea and bood in your stool?

its been ongoing for months and i dont know what the problem is....my stomach burns also

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• an ulcer, colitis, IBS
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 2:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Call your doctor. There is no reason for you to have blood in your stool. Unless you have hemrhoids, but even then you would know its coming from the hemrhoids not from the inside the colon. Good luck
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• See a gastroenterologist sooner rather than later....a couple of years ago I started with the same symptoms. I was young and embarassed and let it go on for a couple of months before I was too weak to function anymore...I ended up in the hospitol for a week...2 blood transfusions...and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitus which is easily manageable if I'd sought treatment earlier. Msg me if you'd like to talk more.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• There is a whole list of things it could be, some of them serious, so please, PLEASE, get yourself to see a gastroenterologist as soon as you can get the appointment. Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease are both forms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Ulcerative colitis causes inflammation of the interior lining, and Crohn's causes inflammation throughout.
    There is also infectious colitis, antibiotic associated colitis, irritable bowel disease, diverticulosis and diverticulitis, as well as bleeding ulcers.
    Listen, I don't want to sound like a fear monger, or make you freak out, but several of these conditions can eventually cause a perforation of the bowel, which would spill fecal matter into your bloodstream and cause sepsis. You've already waited months. Please don't wait any longer.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2008