How to get rid of a wart?

I desperately want to get rid of a wart that is on my hand. It's been there about 6 months, there are 2 smaller ones next to it. It's flesh colored and looks like a raised bump. I tried the freeze off stuff and it didn't work. How can I get rid of this?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Health

• Crush an aspirin, add a little water to make a paste, put that on the wart and cover with duct tape or even a band aid. I know that sounds archaic and weird, but the main ingredient in Compound W is a salicylate and so is aspirin. Acetic acid is also in compound W and that is used to make vinegar. I was skeptical about the aspirin duct tape remedy, but I tried it on a wart my daughter had on her foot and it actually worked. It took a few days but sure enough, it was gone.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Clear nail polish on it and take garlic pills

Taking garlic pills is an effective way to get rid of warts. Take one garlic capsule twice a day for a minimum of two weeks. Warts will start to peel off in one to two weeks but you should continue taking the garlic capsules until the wart is completely gone
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 4:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• There are many many home remedies I have heard! But the only thing that has ever taken mine off is going to the doctor and having them froze off!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 5:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I have heard that duct tape will kill it. Worth a try.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You can buy a liquid wart remover that works much better than the freeze stuff.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• The only thing that worked for me for the wart on my finger was to dip the padded part of a band-aid into apple cider vinegar, then wrap the band-aid around the wart. I had to do this 2 or 3 times per day for a few days, then the wart would start to peel off. Then I would scrape the part that was peeling off with a razor blade. The only thing is, I had to do this several times to finally kill the wart. There were these black thread things in the wart that I've heard are "seeds" or "roots". I had to make sure all of those were gone. IF I thought it was all scraped off, but I missed any part, it just grew back. Also, I recommend checking your diet and stress levels. The wart came back a year later when I was highly stressed, and I had to repeat the process. The wart has now been gone for about 2 years.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I know it sounds strange but cover it with duct tape. I had a wart last year that was treated by my doctor and another specialist and their treatments (frozen twice, burned once, acid applied topically for a week) did NOTHING so out of frustration, I went to the internet and found a bunch of ideas. The duct tape worked! Cover the wart completely, keep it covered, change the tape daily. The theory is that it suffocates the wart and/or the adhesive is aggravating to the skin (I did experience some itching), causing your body to fight at the sight. Also, do supplement (Vitamin C is a natural antiviral and extremely safe in high doses) and up your immune system by taking probiotics of some kind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My son had one for over a year. The doctor said not to worry about it but did give us advice on how to get rid of it if we wanted. It worked on his daughter. After a shower take a nail file and file a little bit off each day.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• my daughter had a wart on the bottom of her foot and the dr told us to buy wart remover (the kind like nail polish) amd the little band-aids , and to keep it dry and covered and it went away in 5 days. gl
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2011