Is there an age restriction on fostering or adoption?

So I am sort of young 24 and I didn't know if they put age restrictions on fostering or adoption. I am facing the horrible fact of maybe never having children of my own and I am open to other ways of getting a baby! Any info would be great!

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 2:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Adoption

• To adopt a child or foster here is Ohio you have to be 21 if it is still the same as 7 years ago. I did all the training before I was 21 but has to wait a few months to be certified and have homestudies sent out.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Many, if not most, international programs have age restrictions.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• DEpley is right...most international programs have an age limit of 25 years old. And many have a stipulation that if you are married, you have to be married at least 5 years before you can adopt. I think with foster care it's 21 (at least where I am it is).
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 12:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008