Sleeping pattern messed up late in pregnancy?

About Three weeks until my due date. How much sleep did you get? Every night is about the same. I go to sleep at ten wake at midnight then stay up until seven am and then sleep until maybe nine or ten am. And then take a two hour nap during the day sometime. Is this normal? It's starting to make me mad because I don't know why I'm doing it?!

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 4:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well with the anxiety of the upcoming birth and the fact that I was huge lol...I would say barely any at all. Try and get as much rest as possible even if that includes lounging around on the couch or taking naps.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 4:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• All I do is lay around and try to get sleep that I can't get. lol
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 4:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yup! With all three of my pregnancies, I had this problem. Problem was, I couldn't sleep when I laid down because I had a difficult time getting enough oxygen. For the last month or so of each pregnancy, I had to sleep on the sofa, and I had to be propped up. Whenever I laid down in bed, my babies would squish my lungs keeping me from getting enough oxygen. Because of this problem, I would take naps instead of get a good night's sleep.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yes very
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My sleep was messed up with my last pregnancy and now with this one. I quit sleeping from about 5-6 weeks pregnant until I give birth. I go to sleep around 11-12 and back wide awake around 3. And by the time I do go back to sleep around 8, my daughter gets me up. The Dr. said it was my hormones. Oh well, I guess my body is getting ready for all those sleepness nights when baby arrives!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 12:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Totally normal. I have 4 weeks left. I fall asleep and wake up about every 2 hours to go to the bathroom and then get a drink of water too.
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 2:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• IT sucked because I was getting as much sleep as a new mother gets and the baby was still in my belly! I remember complaing to DH that shouldn't I be getting as much sleep as I possibly could because as soon as the baby was here I would get none... The baby didn't care, kept me up every other hour in utero....
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 2:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2011