Pain after hernia surgery, Please help!!!

I had 2 hernias repaired on Nov.3 and a muscle repaired from my c-sections. Now 2 weeks post op every time I lay down in my bed or on the couch, I get soo much pain. I almost feel like I have something moving from side to side, when I am laying down. I called the Dr. and he did not seem to be concerned. Yet I am in a lot of pain, what should I do. Have any of you had this kind of surgery before, and what were your symptoms post surgery, and how long did it take for them to go away?

Reggie2

Asked by Reggie2 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• I have had surgery to repair a hernia. It was quite painful and I just layed around and tried not to move as much as possible. I had my husband help me and take care of the baby. My pain went away about 2 1/2 weeks after the surgery and haven't hurt since. Also you have to consider that they also fixed your muscles and that can be very painful in itself! Keep taking your pain medication and try to sleep as much as possible. I'm not sure about the moving pain, but it could just be your muscles growing back together. If you have too much pain with it then you might want to go ahead and make a appt. with your doc just to ease your mind. But I'm sure it's nothing! Take care!
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 7:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2008