My 15m has been waking at 5a.m. and ....

He will not go back to sleep. This has been going on for more than a month. The pedi said to let him CIO. Well after an hour of him crying, fussing, and then just all out screaming I am so frustrated. They have a normal routine. He doesn't sleep all night either. He is up a couple times before this. I change him, give him some milk, rock him a few minutes and lay him down. He keeps everyone awake. I have no idea what to do. There is no reason for him ro be awake at that tim. Bedtime is 7:30. I am to the point where I want to put his crib downstairs so he isn't waking my 2 yr old son.
Has anyone else ever gone through this? And, as soon as I pick him up he stops crying.....so he isn't in any kind of pain.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 7:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son woke up this early for awhile and I just went with our day starting at 5:30 and hoped he would eventually extend the night. He finally did on his own and made it to 7. Some babies don't need as much sleep as others. CIO is probably not working because he knows you will go in eventually. If moving his crib might help, then try it. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Today was the first I let him actually get to the point he was screaming, that was after an hour of on and off fussing. Usually I end up rocking him back to sleep.....and this is something I never did with him and don't want to start.
    Typically, it's like this, I rock him and lay him down. Then after 5 or 10 minutes he starts fussing then once he is cryingg after 10 minutes of crying I go back in. We do this 3 or 4 times for an hour to an hour and a half. So obviously, CIO isn't working either.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 7:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2011