Is it okay to give my 2yr old decafe ice tea?

My dd loves my ice tea black & I don't even sweeten it. I do use 2 caffinated constant commit (orange) tea bags per a gallon jug. Is this safe for her? It's tea and not coffee or very caffinated at all. I also don't give her much, but if she sld ask for more, I want to feel it;s okay. I know I should ask her doc & I will. Just want to see what you all think....THANKS!

Jesstsilly

Asked by Jesstsilly at 11:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I give my kids tea all the time except with meals, they don't absorb the iron in food. But it's better than kool-aid, sodas.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I would let her have it.
    Try filling a cup half with tea, and fill the rest with water. ;)
    Anonymous

• thats up to you girl i personally would give it to my 2 year old but he doesn't need help bouncing off the walls he does it very well on his own
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 11:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I give mine decaff tea all the time. We don't sweeten ours. They love it with ice and lemon! The older ones enjoy a cup of hot tea sometimes too.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 11:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My son is 27 months and he loves tea. He even likes Green Tea. I will let him have just in small doses and I make sure if's decaf and I sweeten it with splenda.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I'm from the south and we practically live on sweet tea. My daughter has been drinking it for a very long time. We always use decaf, but it has sugar in it of course. I put some in her cup and use half tea half water.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2008