How hard was it...

For you to fina a job when you were pregnant?I want to work, I hate being unemployed but I can't seem to find a job!Its sooo frustrating!I feel it may be the fact that I'm pregnant but there should be some place willing to hire me, I'm only 11 weeks jeez!!

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Find*
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I work at walmart while I was pregnant
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• How about a department store or Wal-mart or some other retail store? I would think they'd be hiring Christmas help right now, but then again, they may already have everyone they need and with the economy being shaky right now, the stores might be anticipating not making as much this season.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• if your pg now a good job would be a holiday one. that way you can work and you aren't fully employed. some employers will keep you for a little while longer if they like you.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 2:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Unfortunately, my story isn't very encouraging. I had a job when I got pregnant, but we were forced to move when I was about four months along in order to be closer to my family. I tried to get a transfer to a store closer to the town we were moving to...but as soon as they found out I was pregnant, nobody would take me. I had to formally quit. Nobody would hire me. I performed all the necessary steps, but as soon as someone would interview me they'd never call me back because I was pregnant.

*sigh*

It's hard, but good luck. Maybe you'll be luckier than I was.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• wal mart holiday would prob be ur best bet... i am 28 weeks now and couldnt find a job at 12 weeks when the sickness finally went away... walmart is to far from me sooo.... i am a SAHM for the time being... GL in your search... i hated not working at first and sometimes still do
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I cant get a job either. Im 7 months, and i've been try.n to g a job 4 about 5 months now, and no luck. Ive had interviews and still nothing.
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 4:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• When I was prego with my son I got a job when I was 12 weeks. I didn't tell them and I hid it from them. Try your best to find something before you start really showing or when you can hide it. It's against the law to discriminate against pregos but you know people do it anyway.
    Like the others said, I'm sure a department store would hire you, especially during the holiday season, but if you're looking for a different type of job it may be harder. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• dont tell them you are pregnant! tell them right after you start,,thats what i did and i was able to keep my job
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I hate to say this, but there are so many people that are out of work. being pregnant might be a factor for someone not hiring you, but that is discrimination isn't it?
    I would look for seasonal work at a department store or grocery store. I got my job back at the bank that I worked at when I was about 12 weeks pregnant. I will have feel a little guilty for not telling them I was pregnant until after I was re-hired.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2008