does poor grammar get to you too? i can't stand when someone constantly spells a word wrong...or doesn't punctuate, etc. it's annoying. anyone else?

i'm an english lit. major and writing is my life. i'm not obsessive over grammar...but i am picky! just frustrated because most people on here can't spell. their=there, here=hear, bear=bare...ughhh for god's sake just use it in the right context. ughhhh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• my spelling is bad, but only because i am typing to fast and hate to hit the backspace to correct it!

just curious, OP, and i am the worst because i almost never capitilize, but you are an english major, does not captilizing "I" or the beginning of a sentence not bother you? i don't know why that stuck with me! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 9:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Hate to burst your bubble, but while we use English on this site, there are many one here (note, correct usage) that are uncomfortable with the language. There are many on this site that English is a second language.
    I focus on the issues that need to be addressed, not their grammar.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I get you, but with all the text abbreviations and codes and my primary language is spanish you should be more surprise with the people who daily talk and read in english. In spanish happens too. but lets go with the flow.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My thing here is that we are not in class, we are here to vent, to meet other people and relax. Why should we have to worry about our grammar or writing? If it is that much of an issue with you then instead of getting annoyed why not offer a class or teach rather than worry about that stuff online?
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm not an "English Major" person but, l do put caps where they belong. Whereby your correcting others or they seem to bother you I just thought that I would nicely point that out to you.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I also think that if you are going to post on people with incorrect grammar, you should be more cafeful about the grammar that is used in the post.
    In addition to the lack of capitalization in this post, other errors exist.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• ~(Honestly*~... I can care less, if the point is made... so be it... not so full of myself that I need to tell other what and how to do things? Also don't have that kind of time... bet my space bar sticking is annoying most people, and can care less about that either! If all it takes is a mis-spelled word to get someone's panties in a bunch... I feel sorry for them when a real issue hits their life..... Hahahaha

sidesplittinglaughter

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Ummm...I also hate it when people refuse to captialize where appropriate and use fractured sentences. LOL! ;o)
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Only when it's used to whine about someone else's grammar
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It straight up drives me crazy.
    Did you not pay attention in school and learn the basic rules ... there is different than their
    too, to, two
    I know exactly what you are saying.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2011