Transamerica adult content

I was watching Transamerica yesterday with Felicity Huffman. It got me thinking about love and relationships. If you were in love with someone and found out that they were born the opposite sex what would you do? Would you have to walk away? Would you be mad that you were not told about it up front? Do you have the right to know or would not telling make them a liar?

PS...Hubby is a man lol Just a curious about what you would do if in this position. Or if you were how'd you feel and what did you do? Have friends of yours gone through this on either end?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Entertainment

• I have known a grand total of ONE trans-gendered person in my life lol. Well, one openly trans person. It's not my husband, so I have never been through this.

If I fell in love and found out much later that the person I was with used to be the opposite gender I would probably be upset. I'm not the wait til' marriage kind, so I probably would have had some suspicions, though lol. I would be a little put off, and I would be very hurt that they didn't tell me. But I wouldn't leave. I would mostly be upset that I couldn't have children with them, but I have always wanted to adopt on top of having biological children :)

In the end, I fall in love with people because of who they are, not what's between their legs. Though I consider myself straight, it's more about who the person is for me.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• thats was an awesome movie!
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Like Ati 13 I've only known 1 transgender in my life. I was confused by him/her. He started out as a male, who was even at one point married, and liked females. Then he decided he related better with women and wanted to be a woman, so he went through the procedure and became a she. I thought that'd mean she'd like guys or something, but that part didn't change. She just went from being a straight male to a gay female. I was only barely 20 when I met this person, and I was left very confused as to what to think. As long as I didn't talk about anything to do with the transgender or lesbian issues, she was kindof interesting and definitely smart...but well, I just never did completely get past the gender thing.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 9:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Ladymom, the trans I knew was also male-to-female and had been married... three times. He had two children. He said all his wives had known his preferences and were okay with it. He was also openly gay. Which made no sense to me lol. Why be married to women if you're gay? I guess he just wanted family and considered himself gay, though he was also attracted to women. It's a little confusing, but I got past it.

I caught a lot of crap because I liked talking to him. He was a very cool person, and while not the greatest worker in the world (we made battery packs together lol), he was a very intelligent, kind person. I believe he has now had his procedure and is a woman.

I was too judgemental of him at first. I'm really glad I had the privilege of knowing him.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• if the guy i was with knew and didnt tell me then yes i would be kind of upset....upset because he couldnt tell me.....but i wouldnt leave him!!
    i would understand if he didnt tell me because thats kind of personal as well as embarrassing
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2011