Do I have a 1yr girl a big birthday party or just something small since she will be only 1?

Shanell3

Asked by Shanell3 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Holidays

• We have a rule of thumb in our home... Huge party for the 1st birthday, than again at double digits (10), than again when an actual teenager (13), than again at 18 because those are big mile stone to us!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• small close freinds and family save the big parties for 4 and up
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I always felt the parties are really for the adults at this age. So, small and simple is great. But it is whatever you feel you really want. Congrats!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I would do just family and friends. She won't remember, it's more for the parents.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• A small party in a comfortable location (your home or a relatives home) is great for the first birthday. A lot of people, noise, and chaos can be overwhelming for a one year old. By 3 or 4 a bigger party will be a lot of fun for your child.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I would just do a small party for family and some friends.
    mimioester

Answer by mimioester at 12:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• And if we had a daughter, we have three boys, I would honestly celebrate her becoming a woman... what better way than to have Chcolate cake!!! ~*Smiles*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011