What to Expect When Your Expecting?

Is the book worth the read? I am not pregnant yet but was told by the Dr. to get it and start reading through it. Is there another book you think is worth the money and the reading?

whitefamily

Asked by whitefamily at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think it's worth the read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think it is worth the read. I had it with my pregnancy 12 years ago and I bought the updated version for my pregnancy 2 years ago. My sister used it for her and my step sister did as well.
    I found it very helpful as it answered a lot of questions I had about pregnancy. It made me less scared of everything that was happening.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• they gave it to me when i was pregant with my first and i lived it and with my second they gave me a different one that had some better detail but had some downfalls as well so i used both in conjuction with eachother. sorry cant remember what the other one was called.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i had it, someone got it for me. i did start reading it at first, throughout each month i'd read the month i was in. eventually i just stopped reading it though. it's good for references though, like if you're not sure on something you can go to it. but i never got through the whole thing. what kind of helps though, and is hilarious, is Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I absolutly LOVED that book when I was preganant! Everymonth, I enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading about what was developing on my baby at the time. There are also great tips in it for you and different things you are experiencing. I got mine at a children's consignment shop for $5 -- I would just send you mine, but it's actually back at the same consignment shop that I bought it from -- for sale again. :-) So worth it!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• What Bailysmom said ^^^
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I found it VERY helpful with my first pregnancy. I went through it month by month as I was. It also helped me realized that my 'braxton hicks' at 34 weeks was actually LABOR!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I like information and to be informed.. it helped me loads with tiny questions that were nagging me but I didn't want to ask my OBGYN.. or just fun things that are helpful to know.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 10:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I used that one and pregnancy a-z for all my pregnancies from 1993-2009. They were extremely helpful!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• There were definitely pregnancy books that I liked a lot better than that one! I had one called 'Pregnancy Week by Week' that I liked a lot more, and I really didn't find the labour/delivery info in What to Expect all that helpful.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2011