Why cant they match up kids who are fostering out of the system?

Why cant they use the "Match.com" technology to match kids up who are being thrust into the real world at the tender age of 18?! They could match compatible kids to at least share expenses & have some type of support system. Does anyone have this in your area?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I think it is a great idea. I have never heard of anything like it although I would love to look more into it and see if there is anything in our area. If I understand you correctly you are looking for other kids that are 18yrs that are basically sent out on their own to find jobs and housing.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I work with CPS placing foster children in new homes -- We do not have that in Texas, but now kids up tot he age of 21 actaully stay in the system if they are in college!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• and yes, of course it's showing how people are supposed to all be flexible, and invent your own system of code. IF you want something to happen go ahead and try to appeal to the courts to do something, wake them up!!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My husband works specifically with older children and trying to find permanent families for them and it's very difficult. There are matching events which are sort of like speed-dating between the case workers for the children and the potential parents or their case workers. I'm not sure what some of the responders were babbling about but most Foster parents are good people and they're certainly not in it for the money, especially not if they're fostering teenagers. The counties could never afford to pay them enough for what they do.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If that isn't reality, ...adopted grown ups well into their 40's are treated as still in incubation. They aren't allowed access to search for adoption parents for 75 yrs.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I like you idea. make a list of people that was in foster care. that way they can find a room mate. good luck.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• They place kids where ever they can be stuck!! I know a guy through my husband's work that lost one job because he is a pervert (DJing), and almost lost his main job as a federal employee because he came onto a 15 year old... him and his wife Foster kids!!! And recently took on more??? And she has a teenage daughter in the house... can only think she took on Foster kids to keep her pervert hubby off her daughter?!?!

The system can care less where they stick them... and than this guy all his co-workers know he's into kids brags about his Foster kids as paychecks!!! He bought this and that, and you should take on doing it because 2 kids got me this, now they have 4!!!
    Anonymous