Is President Obama a "true Blue" American?

Does he love this country more than the terrorists that want us dead?

This is a spin off and I cannot believe that people REALLY believe this.....

Please give reasons

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know if he is 'true blue'. I just get completely baffled by some of the things he does and says. He gave an opening on Fri. for a religious gov't in Egypt. Really? So, can we begin to have religion be a bigger influence in our gov't? He seems to think it is ok, No, wait, that is not for this country. We can't have a mingling of religious minded men in our gov't, schools, justice system,........He seems to be willing to allow other countries the freedom to do what we are restricted. But, it will eventually be a strangle hold. Case in point: Iran. If he doesn't want people making this inference, he needs to stop giving them the clues to work with.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Oh give me a break! The way people have to tip toe about what they say, & how they say it- we dare not offend anyone. That's called being diplomatic in the political world. Regardless of whether or not you like the guy, I think in some circumstances he's doing the best he can, given what he's inherited (when he became Pres.) or has had thrown in his lap since. NO ONE likes terrorists!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Why not "tru blue"? what makes him unamerican? or not :true blue"?

as for Egypt, thats for THEIR people to decide, our founders decided and added it to the Constitution....we are not to respect one religion over another

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I don't know what's in his heart. It's not for me to judge if he loves something or not. I don't agree with his policy and I won't be voting for him in the next election. He asked for the job and campaigned hard to get it for two years. He is sitting where he wants to be and I refuse to give him free passes for what he 'inherited'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It's silly, isn't it? His detractors would make this ridiculous argument because it helps bolster their hatred of this man--and of Liberals in general. It's the usual character assassination. If they don't like his policies, they'll attack him with everything in their arsenal, including the worst of insults to an American president--to imply that he is treasonous and un-American. These people can't see beyond their own noses and believe that their way of thinking is the only way of thinking--anyone who disagrees with their points of view aren't as patriotic as they. They are rigid and incapable of looking at issues from different angles. I almost feel sorry for them, except that I think they get some sort of rush from their delusional anger.  Feeling hate and anger makes them happy, and finding any "justification" for their hatred and anger fills them with joy.  It's so bizarre, isn't it?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No one is talking about free passes. In another post someone said he is NOT a true blue American and he feels the same as terrorists that want ti KILL us....

I think that is outrageous. The fact that you dance around it tells me you may feel something similiar..why? WHat has he done to make you question his love of America?

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Js...I guess...

but seriously, to say the POTUS HATES AMERICA as much as TERRORISTS...OMG! and the whole TRUE BLUE AMERICAN...WTF?

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I didn't read that. I don't think he wants to kill anyone. That would be a horrible feeling to have.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yeah.....way to SPIN IT sweets!!

eye rolling

You obviously got my inference, otherwise you wouldn't have felt compelled to start a whole new thread about it!!  :oP

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:26 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• If they don't like his policies, they'll attack him with everything in their arsenal, including the worst of insults to an American president--to imply that he is treasonous and un-American.

***
    Really?! Because in your attempts to take my comment OUT OF CONTEXT (as usual), what part of SELLING OUR ALLY'S SECRETS to the RUSSIANS as part of making a weapons deal, do you find to be a positive AMERICAN trait??!?!

Please, let's try really hard to keep comments in the context they were written, m'kay?!?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2011