guess what?

i dont know if any of you remember my question about anyone knowing anyone else with dobermans for sale that i posted yesterday. well guess what ?i got my doberman i found one on the internet yesterday and we picked him up last night. thanks to those of you who tried to help me.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pets

• I'm 52 yrs old and I have been in the "dog world" my whole entire life. My dad raised dogs and I have had dogs all my life. This world is getting were you can't do anything without someone judging you. You used to be able to get a dog. Period! People didn't have to research and all. Doberman's have been around for a long long time and most people know they are high energy. Why do you have to put a damper on her happiness? People want to tell other's where to get their pets,etc. You go mama2bof2 ! Congratulations jodi205 ! Have fun with your new dog! Don't let people bring you down. with a name like acid i can see why she is negative. lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 2:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• oh great.!
    BlackMomma88

Answer by BlackMomma88 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Enjoy!! A friend of mine has 2 dobies, they are great dogs!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Enjoy your new dog! Congrats! :)
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Makes me miss my Dobie... ~*Rusty*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Lve him.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• really acid? a "congrats" would have been just fine...........obviously she knows about the dog or she wouldn't have gottena 3 yr old one. jeez!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• thanks i was worried about him a bit cuz he is 3 but he is fitting right in.
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Did you do any research on dobes before you decided you wanted one? Do you know they are a high energy breed that requires daily mental stimulation or they will become destructive? Do you know that they are a protective breed that need to be trained properly or you will possibly end up with a situation on your hands that you won't be able to handle?

Do you know they need a high quality food or they will lose muscle tone and are prone to dysplasia Von Willebrands disease (bleeding disorder). Did you also know that he has only been in the house for one day, so he is still settling in. Today he could be perfect, in a week or two he might not be so perfect. Are you willing to keep him despite that?
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 2:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• The number one reason dogs end up in a pound or on the street is because they weren't properly house broken or some people are really ignorant. Not because they are high energy.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 2:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011