Can you eat the meat from Subway if it is toasted?

I know you can't eat deli meat because of lysteria unless it is warmed. But if you get it toasted at Sub-Way, is that okay? What about other hot sandwiches you can get out to eat???? I ust didn't know if these places got it hot enough!

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 11:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no it has to be steaming
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• ~*Pass*~... I can't eat SubWay... *Gross*
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yes, you can. The meat coming from a toasted Subway sub is steaming as are other HOT sandwiches. You CAN eat lunch meat while pregnant, just don't live on it. Instead of asking questions on a website (where you get OPINIONS not fact), ask your doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I did, the chances of listeria are pretty minimal. The nitrates in the meat are another story, but ate it.
    Take it with a grain of salt because I am the mom who had a glass of wine and soft cheese when pregnant.
    Almostsinglemom

Answer by Almostsinglemom at 11:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Instead of asking questions on a website (where you get OPINIONS not fact), ask your doctor

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't eat Subway at all. I bought it once and brought it home, opened up the hero & had a live cockaroack wiggling around in it. I also would be careful because of the hygeine habits of the employees that were there. You would be safer going to a regular deli & getting a sandwich.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• cockaroack = Cockroach (sp) sorry, but I was cringing when I answered the question.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

Answer by MommaClark3 16 minutes ago
    4334 Level 17

would you stop? so annoying..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• my OBGYN said if you heat it for at least 10 seconds in microwave it would kill the bacteria. So, I assume toasting it would be the same. The rule probably goes for any deli meat that you would get no matter where. She said its from leaving the meat out and not properly handled/refrigerated.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yes i had a chicken bacon ranch they put chicken in microwave first then toast it .and they make it right in front of you mine was steaming when it came out and very clean in there
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2011