Anyone else still have acne? I'm almost 30!! When will it end?

KiraHudson

Asked by KiraHudson at 11:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Okay, I work in the beauty/cosmetic industry so everything I'm about to say is coming from that and what I've learned from working with several skincare lines (such as Murad and Dermalogica). Anyway there are SEVERAL causes for acne, most often related to either genetic and/or stress. Genetic acne is possible and also is maintanable. There are triggers, such like stress that also may produce acne. Other causes include diet- such as not drinking enough water clogs your pores and we all know eating a lot of foods high in fat and oil will create build up, furthering breakouts. It's great you use Bare Minerals (I sell and use that), but hopefully you wash it off! We hate that the commercial says "so good you can sleep in it", b/c that's still bad for your skin. Anyway, it will go away when you use the right products to get rid of it. Basically you get what you pay for (like there are products that work but they can be costly).
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I wish I had an answer for you. I'm almost 37 and I still struggle with it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I've had acne forever too...I've tried so many things to clear it up! Can't afford to get to the derm right now either. If ya find something that works good, let me know!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I have never really had bad acne UNTIL I was in my 30's.UGH! I got the Mirena iud after my last baby and now have it all the time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I am in my 40's and still have flare ups. I must say that the past few months have probably been the best in years. Maybe because I'm headed in the direction of menopause.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yep..those darn hormones will screw you for decades to come! i'm 42, and still have a few now and then.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm 25 and still struggle with it but I'm pregnant right now. You should see a dermatologist if you haven't already, it could be the skin care products you use, your makeup, something your eating, or hormones. I know there are certain foundations that will make me break out BAD, even if they are good quality ones.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Its just getting OLD... I use Bare Minerals for makeup, and Purity Made Simple for face wash, and Hope in a Jar for my moisterizer.... grrr...
    KiraHudson

Comment by KiraHudson (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Ha! I'm 34 and still have acne! Never got the cystic ones until I got pregnant, now I still get those big painful undergrounders! Stupid hormones! Lol! The plus side is people think I'm in my mid20's and sometimes I think it's because I have a huge zit on my face!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Oh, and my dd is now 7 yrs old, so it's not like I had her anytime recently!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011