ok help before i snap

ok my little family is not rich and milk in tennessee is not cheap i have wic and food stamps but i also have a grandmother in-law that thinks her 3 cats need to drink my daughters milk. and yes it makes me mad o so mad i want to look at her and snap cause at the end of the month i dont know how i am going to get milk and she don't care today i sorta hinted "andrew wont be home till late he is getting wic before he comes home but cay needs the rest of the milk" i get up to put her down for a nap and find a whole bowl full of milk on the floor for the cats and i mean a large cereal bowl full i want to scream
i thought about taking a black marker and writing for humans only but i think that is a bit kidy help i don't know how to handle it

shannonmcgeehen

Asked by shannonmcgeehen at 11:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Tell her that the milk is for the baby - if she wants to give milk to the cats (which they don't need), she will have to buy her own.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Tell her that mild is extremely unhealthy for her precious cats. Most cats are lactose intolerant. She may think she is going them a favor and giving them a treat, but in reality, she's giving them a belly ache. If she loves them as much as she seems to, she'll stop giving them the milk.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• but with her she don't listen she will wait till i go to take a nap or to the bathroom and then do it. i pored it out today and i looked at her wen i did it....it made me so mad
    shannonmcgeehen

Comment by shannonmcgeehen (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Put a dish out of milk with just a tiny dribble in it before she does. Tell her the cats enjoyed that big bowl of milk you gave them already, you'll only be wasting a tiny dribble of milk, grandma will be happy, cats will feel better.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• that would work but she does it at least 3 times a day
    shannonmcgeehen

Comment by shannonmcgeehen (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Tell her that she's going to make her cats sick if she keeps it up. Cats need water not milk.

As for the milk issue, sounds like you need a fridge lock to keep her out when your back is turned.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yeah i think that would be the only thing that we could do get a small frig in our room and lock it
    shannonmcgeehen

Comment by shannonmcgeehen (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• When I was growing up my mom was a Vet. ... with all that milk it is going to give the cats the runs and it STINKS... it makes their poop smell worse and the hershy squirts!!! It is absolutely not healthy for those cats to be drinking...

Secondly a human child should come before an animal, either tell her to buy her own "cat milk" and stay out ofthe babies, or expect to continue to be upset??? I know it is easier said than done, espcially when it is an older relative, but even she should have enough common sense to know a baby comes before a cat, and that WIC means you are broke as.... further having the sense it should be FOR THE BABY!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Snag a fridge off Craigs List or Freecycle.org ... Just explain the situation, most would probably GIVE one they have sitting in the garage for free... than snag a hinge lock at WalMart and pad lock?!?! Since it doesn't need to look pretty it won'tmatter if you drill it on!!! ~*Smiles*~

I would go nuts if my kids went without... I would personally starve before my kids would go without anything! And thankfully my entire family is like that, my grandfather grew up in the Great Depression so it was passed down that still forming children are fed first than grownups can make a plate... I still serve my kids before my husband and I
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'd tell her water is better for the cats than your baby's milk! I don't know anyone who still gives cats milk. They put down water for them.
    Anonymous