Stains....

I got my daughter a new bed. I always donate their clothes or stuff we are not using to Good Will. They would not take the mattress because she had an accident and wet the bed and it left stains in it. We do not have a truck to haul this off, so it has been in our house for about 2 weeks. Any ideas how I might could get this stain out so I can get it out of my house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Good Will doesn't take mattresses whether stained or brand new... have you ever in their stores seen one for sell? Just like here in California it is illegal to sell a used carseat too...

Best bet is to post it on freecycle or Craigs List for free??? Than it can take up to a week because buying/getting a used mattress is a lot like buying/getting used underwear...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Try spraying some peroxide on it to get the stain out, but I agree with MommaClark. I've never met a Goodwill store that will take mattresses at all.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Salvation Army take them locally. But I would advertise it on Freecycle and get it out. Here it would be gone in a day.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Freecycle is the best bet
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011