I am setting here watching my quaker parrot. He goes to the bottom of his cage and gets a

feather and climbs up the bars with it. when he is midway, he works and works to weave the feather in the bars. he will do this with as many feather's as he can find that are big enough. does anyone know why he would do this. he is really smart.

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 12:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pets

• Sounds like he might be using his nesting skills. That's pretty cool, I bet he's a lot of fun to watch!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• oh yes, he is right beside my computer desk. he comes out and rubs his head up and down my arm. i dont know if it is actually a he. maybe its a she! i named "it" Pedro. what's a female version of that? lol at first i thought my cockatiel was losing his feathers climbing up and down the parrot cage. so i pushed them to the inside of the cage and Pedro wasn't happy. he/she went and got them and started doing it. i video taped it but can't get in on the computer.
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Female version of Pedro... well I'm not sure but you could use Pietra.
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 5:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2011