smoking and birth control

I know you're not suppose to smoke when taking birth control (the pill) but how many of you do anyways???
I'm only asking because I smoke and just started the pill but I don't want to quit smoking because I need a cigarette to relax me every now and then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• If that's a risk you're willing to take then it's your choice. I just don't see how it could benefit you or anyone else by smoking. There are so many other healthy ways to relieve stress.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I know at least 5 woman who do it. I have the marina IUD and there are no additional risk besides the ones you already have from smoking anyway. The hormones are local meaning they don't travel through out the body which is why your not suppose to smoke and take bc.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• As a person who has had a blood clot- let me tell you- it's not really worth it. Blood clots can kill you instantly if they travel to your brain or lungs. And BC and smoking increase the risk of developing a clot. People die from this. It's your choice clearly, but know what your risks are.
    Anonymous